Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Will this be the day?

Hmmmm.......will this be the day I actually start......AND continue blogging? Blogging would probably relieve my sweet husband of having to hear my "vents" at the end of the day (both good and bad).....at the very least by filtering them! Today I'll include several random items in no particular order that have no relation to each other......except that they're all rolling around in my head right now.

1) Today I'm feeling very blessed to have the friends I have.....past and present. Facebook has been a GREAT way to get in touch with people from all points in my life. I've struck gold with finding ALOT of friends/acquaintances from high school and being able to catch up with them without the stigma of social groups/cliques that were present back in the day. So many people I lost touch with at some point along the way.....now getting the chance to find out what they've been up to! SO Fun!

2) I'm going to actually put one thing in writing, for myself more than anything/anyone.......2009 is going to be the year I actually finish my dissertation! (It has to be, but I need MAJOR encouragement to get it done since the very thought of it makes me want to curl up in a ball and block out the world :)

3) I LOVE LOVE LOVE my profession......getting to know so many different people in so many different walks of life.....and having the honor of being able to walk with them through the present tense of their lives. One negative thing about being in private practice during this time of year, though, is that you have to expect MANY cancellations and reschedulings....just one of those things about this time of year. It's a challenge to my own anxiety (financially!)......but is also a good faith challenge, too.....believing that God will always see me through (and feeling a little more secure that my husband brings in the same amount with each paycheck!)

That's all for now......time for my 7pm client. So now, we'll all just wait and see if this whole deal continues.........

2 comments:

Ashley said...

yay! i love blogs. im bad at mine...but im aiming to be better. a fun way to track life's progress! =)

Meredith H. H. said...

I've been wanting to do this for awhile.....and hopefully now I can keep with it! Julian & I have talked about me doing one for client and/or marketing purposes.....but I just don't have the energy for that right now! I mean seriously, I need a blog to vent....not to be MORE of a therapist! Thanks for being my first comment!